EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE AT CCAA
CCAA is known for:
- Arts-Infused Academic Program
- College Prep Curriculum
- WASC accredited High School
- Visiting Artists
- Field Study Days
- Family Engagement
Creative Connections is perfect for students and families who:
- Value the visual and performing arts
- Envision a balanced and integrated education for the “whole child”
- Want a smaller school environment with a challenging academic curriculum
What is the Focus?
- To encourage students to be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and lifelong learners.
- To create a climate where students master skills and knowledge, create art, respect quality, and are committed to excellence.
- To foster communication between students, parents and teachers.
- To provide experiences that develop the “whole child” academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- To expose families to the visual and performing arts from a variety of cultures.
What is a Charter School?
- A charter school is a school established to provide students and parents with more choices in educational opportunities and programs.
- CCAA is a public school, accountable to the Board of Trustees of the Twin Rivers Unified School District.
- CCAA offers a variety of options in its programs and has a tremendous amount of parent, community, and staff involvement.
- A commitment by the parent/guardian to volunteer 30 hours of their time with school-related functions is strongly recommended to ensure the quality of our program.
- Creative Connections is a K-12 public charter school within the Twin Rivers Unified School District.
- Our high school is WASC accredited, all core classes meet the UC A-G requirements, AP Classes are available and all teachers are fully credentialed. Visual and performing arts electives are our focus: Band, Choir, Dance, Drama, Visual Arts including Digital Media.
- Students also have access to all of the support staff of the Twin Rivers USD.
What Can I Expect?
- The arts are infused into the curriculum as a means of accessing, understanding, and adding depth to academic studies.
- Small school with a family atmosphere.
- Social curriculum emphasizes positive character traits including tolerance, non-violent communication, and conflict resolution.
- Rigorous core classes meet college entrance standards.
- Field Study days ensure that learning goes beyond the classroom walls.
- Student leadership encouraged.
- Creative Connections Arts Academy (CCAA) is an arts integration charter school.
- Serves approximately 625 students.
- All students participate in an arts experience annually.
- CCAA features a resident artist.
- Students have three field study days, in which students explore careers, community service and possible field trips as part of the regular curriculum.
- CCAA offers sequential instruction in dance and music, both vocal and instrumental.
- Offers several after-school programs.
- High school offers several visual and performing arts electives.
- Students in kindergarten through sixth grade discover the arts through exploratory classes offered twice a week.
- CCAA received the Civic Learning Award of Merit in 2014-2015.
- CCAA is one of two schools in California selected to be affiliates to the Kennedy Center's Partners in Education Program.
- CCAA offers a media program beginning in fourth grade with opportunities for media production and live broadcast.